Frequently Asked Questions - Apple iOS
- How to update to Expense Manager Pro
- How to add an Exchange Rate
- How to set Mileage Reimburesent Rates
- Receipt Image Quality
How to update to Expense Manager Pro
Regardless of the Expense Manager variant that has been installed, it is always possible to update within the installed application to turn on all the functionality provided by the Expense Manager Pro application.
Go to the in-app store, accessed from the Options menu, and purchasing all of the features that are offered will give the same functionality within the application as if Expense Manager Pro had been installed.
How to add an Exchange Rate
To create exchange rates do the following:
- From the main screen, select the “Option Menu” button.
- Select “Exchange Rates”.
- Select the “Add” button at the top of the window.
- Select your default currency in the “From” drop down window
- Select your other currency in the “To” drop down window
- Either enter an exchange rate, or press the button next to the rate to retrieve the value from the web.
Note: Exchange Rates can be automatically be created when working with currencies that are different than the default currency on the Expenses and Payments forms, and the Update Exchange Rate setting is enabled.
How to set Mileage Reimbursement Rates
There are two places within the application where the mileage reimbursement rate is accessible.
The first place is within the settings, and is accessible via the front screen by selecting the settings button, and selecting Mileage Rate. This field is currently defaulting to 0.55. The setting within this field will be the default reimbursement rate for all jobs created in the future. It is important to note that existing jobs will not be impacted by this change, only future jobs.
The second place is within each individual job. If you “Left Swipe” on a job within the job list (main screen), you can select More and then “Edit Job” to arrive at the job editor. Here, you will see the actual “Mileage Rate” that is going to be used to calculate the value of the mileage recorded within that job. Setting the value here will have no impact on other jobs, but will change the mileage rate that is applied to all existing and future mileage entries for that job.
Receipt Image Quality
When the application creates a picture of a receipt, it stores the image as a JPEG image. While creating the image it performs some scaling and compression on the image in order to reduce the file size of the image. As the compression is increased, the file size gets smaller; however, the quality of the image is also sacrificed. The default behavior of the application has been tweaked to give a reasonable image for use within the application and the generated reports. If you are interested in adjusting this setting, you do so as follows:
- Open Settings, and select the Receipt Image Quality setting
- Select one of the following settings:
- Full - No compression of the scaled image
- High - 0.7 compression factor
- Medium - 0.4 compression factor
- Low - 0.2 compression factor
A compression factor value closer to 1, i.e. 0.7, maintains higher image quality, resulting in a better quality image, but with a larger image memory size. The application installs with Medium as the selected default.