Receipt Image Quality
When Expense IT creates a picture of a receipt, it stores the image as a JPEG image. While creating the image it performs some compression on the image in order to reduce the file size of the image. As the compression is increased, the file size gets smaller; however, the quality of the image is also sacrificed. The default behavior of Expense IT has been tweaked to give a reasonable image. If you are interested in adjusting this setting, you do so as follows:
- Open an Expense within a Job.Camera Options Partial
- Select the camera icon to take a picture of a receipt.
- Touch the right hand side of the screen to expose the camera menu.
- Within the camera menu, select the Compress option.
- Adjust the quality percentage by dragging the slider. Keep in mind that a higher percentage means less compression, a larger file size, and more image quality.
- Click OK to accept the change.
Additionally, the image resolution can be changed. Again within the same camera options, choose resolution. You will be shown a list of available resolutions. Selecting a higher resolution will provide a better quality image as well as a larger file size.